Monday, December 20, 2010

My 2nd Poem

Anyone who knows me knows that I may be the least artistic person on the planet. I could never really draw or write anything all that meaningful. With that said, boredom is a hell of a motivator so sitting at home alone I decided to pick up a pen and dabble in poetry. Below is the second poem I've ever written (the first one is pretty personal and depressing and I wouldn't want to subject my loyal readers to that). So without further ado, I now present to you, Ricky Walker's poem #2.

Words to Live By

My mind was in a daze.
I was hating my current ways.
Regretting wasted days
when I HAD to smoke that haze.

Back then, life was like a maze
but looking back, I see it was a phase.
Pursuit of happiness, now my favorite phrase.
Now I wake up every morning, thankful for my days.
Stop crying, no mourning. Positivity is what pays.

But changing was not so simple, at least not for me.
Took a look in the mirror, couldn't see what I could be
then one day I cleared my mind and suddenly I'm free.
Twenty-one wasted years, seems like a steep fee
but my troubles made me who I am and who I'm going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do NOT Stumble This